Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Week Two - Honouring your inspirations

Week 2 in our online book club. The exercise for this chapter that I decided to follow was "Personal Attractions". It asks a bunch of questions, and I answer them! Here they are (I've included some, but not all (a few got a little lengthy).

What inspires me?
lots and lots of things, here are a few... silliness, movement, colour, whimsy, hugs, openness, beauty

What kinds of people do I most like to talk with?
outdoorsy, down-to-earth, intelligent people; people who make me laugh, and I them; compassionate, open-minded people

What do I fantasize about?
having other people to knit with
asking the question "How are things? What is the nature of the world?" and keeping on exploring

Aspirations?
just to be happy and have people around who I love (see below for a poem by Walt Whitman on this). have some fun. spread a little love. be better educated. know how to articulate my love and vision(s). make things a little easier for some people. write, paint, sing, dance, explore ideas and relationships.

here's the poem:

I have perceived
that to be with those I like
is enough,
To stop in the company
with the rest at evening
is enough,
to be surrounded by
beautiful, curious, breathing,
laughing flesh
is enough,
To pass among them,
or touch any one,
or rest my arm ever so lightly
round his or her neck for a moment
What is this, then?
I do not ask any more delight.
I swim in it, as in a sea.

-Walt Whitman

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Ooooh a maverick! You answered the questions no one else did from the book. I like these alot. And I LOVE your aspirations, both bold and kindhearted.

Belle said...

This is such a joyful, joy-filled post! I love the Walt Whitman poem, too - so connected to your aspirations!

Genie Sea said...

I really love your answers. :) The Whitman poem is tender and touching. To match this post and its author :)

DS Borror said...

i love this poem and appreciated your forthright answers to the questions!

Unknown said...

I stopped by your page while blog crusin' the 2 nd chapter posts. I liked your name - Wild Green Love!

This was a meaningful chapter for me and it sounds like it was for you as well!

Have a great hair day! Becci